Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
334 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Office: 303 Dana
- PhD (1998), Physics, Harvard University
- MEMS-enabled systems for assistive technologies, energy harvesting, and microscale vacuum systems
- Tissue engineering via MEMS-enabled cell assembly and origami folding
- Carbon nanotube-based energy storage
- Solid mechanics – mechanics of materials
- Microelectromechanical systems
Honors and Awards
- Keenan Award for Innovation in Undergraduate Education (2012), Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- Best Student Paper – Oral (with Feras Eid) (2009), PowerMEMS 2009
- Ruth and Joel Spira Award for Distinguished Teaching (2007), Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- NSF CAREER Award (2007)
- Hill, F.A., T. Havel, A. John Hart, and C. Livermore, "Enhancing the Tensile Properties of Continuous Millimeter-Scale Carbon Nanotube Fibers by Densification," ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 5, 7198–7207 (2013).
- Gu, L. and C. Livermore, "Compact passively self-tuning energy harvesting for rotating applications," Smart Materials and Structures 21, 015002 (9pp), (2012).
- Agarwal, G. and C. Livermore, "Chip-Based Size-Selective Sorting of Biological Cells using High Frequency Acoustic Excitation," Lab Chip 11, 2204-2211 (2011), DOI: 10.1039/C1LC20050J.
- Gu, L. and C. Livermore, "Impact-driven, frequency up-converting coupled vibration energy harvesting device for low frequency operation," Smart Materials and Structures 20, 045004 (2011).
- Eid, F., L.F. Velasquez-Garcia, and C. Livermore, "Design, Fabrication, and Demonstration of a MEMS Steam Generator for Ejector Pump Applications," Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 20, 104007 (2010).
- Gu, L. and C. Livermore, "Passive self-tuning energy harvester for extracting energy from rotational motion," Applied Physics Letters 97, 081904 (2010).
- Jung, S. and C. Livermore, "Achieving Selective Assembly with Template Topography and Ultrasonically Induced Fluid Forces", Nano Letters 5, 2188-2194 (2005).
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers