Prof. Mohamad (Hameed) Metghalchi
- Laminar Flame Speed measurement at high pressures and temperatures
- Simplifying combustion chemistry using Rate Controlled Constrained Equilibrium (RCCE) method
- Autoignition and detonation studies
- Flame structure investigation
- Fundamentals of thermodynamics
- Planar laser induced fluorescence (PLIF)
- B.S., Oklahoma University, 1975
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1977
- Sc.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1980
Office located in 334 Snell Engineering Center.
Phone: 617 373 2973
Fax: 617 373 2921
View a complete resume: here
Selected Recent Publications:
Janbozorgi, M., Ugarte, S., Metghalchi, H., and Keck, J. C., “Combustion Modelling of Mono-Carbon Fuels Using the Rate-Controlled Constrained-Equilibrium Method”, submitted to Combustion and Flame.
- Janbozorgi, M., and Metghalchi, H., “Rate-Controlled Constrained-Equilibrium Theory Applied to Expansion of Combustion Products in the Power Stroke of an Internal Combustion Engine’, Int. J. of Thermodynamics, Vol. 12 (No. 1), pp. 44-50, March 2009.
- Rahim, F., Eisazadeh Far, K., Parsinejad, F., Adrews, R. J. and Metghalchi, H., “A Thermodynamic Model to Calculate Burning Speed of Methane-Air- Diluent Mixtures”, Int. J. of Thermodynamics, Vol. 11 (No. 4), pp. 151-160, December 2008.
- Parsinejad, F., Keck, J.C. and Metghalchi, H., “On the Location of Flame Edge in Shadowgraph Pictures of Spherical Flames; Experimental and Theoretical Study”, Experiments in Fluids, Volume 43, Number 6: 887-894, December 2007.
- Pedros, P. B., Wang, J. Y. and Metghalchi, H. “A single Submerged Attached Growth Bioreactor for Simultaneous Removal of Organics and Nitrogen”, Journal of Environmental Engineering, pp191-197, February 2007.
- Von Spakovsky, M. R. and Metghalchi, H., “Teaching Thermodynamics as a Science that Applies to Any System (Large or Small) in Any State (Stable or Not Stable Equilibrium)”, International Journal of Thermodynamics, Vol. 9, (No. 3), pp137-146, September 2006.
- Parsinejad, F, Arcari, C. and Metghalchi, H., “Flame Structure and Burning Speed of JP-10 Air Mixtures” Combustion Science and Technology, 178: 975-1000, 2006.
- Ugarte, S. and Metghalchi, H., “Evolution of Adiabatic Availability and Its Depletion through Irreversible processes”, International Journal of Exergy, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2005.
- Ugarte, S., Gao, Y. and Metghalchi, H., “Application of the Maximum Entropy Principle in the Analysis of a Non-equilibrium Chemically Reacting Mixture”, International Journal of Thermodynamics, Vol. 8, (No.1), pp. 43-53, March-2005.
- Pedros, P. B., Wang, J. Y., Dobie, W. K., and Metghalchi, H., “Experimental and Numerical Results of a Single Submerged Attached Growth Bioreactor (SAGB) for Simultaneous Oxidation of Organics and Nitrogen Removal”, Water Science and Technology 52(7), 97-105, 2005.