Center for Health Organization Transformation
CHOT is a multi-university healthcare systems engineering research center to conduct applied research on solutions to problems of common interest throughout healthcare. Our Northeastern University site is part of a consortium of nationally renowned faculty working in healthcare systems engineering, industrial engineering, operations research, and management science at three primary hub sites – Northeastern University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Texas A&M University. CHOT is a federally awarded National Science Foundation center, co-sponsored by our partnering members, conceptualized to work directly in the industry-academia interface to accelerate the application of systems engineering and related methods. Our mission is to profoundly impact the improvement of healthcare systems. We invite you to browse our pages and contact us for further information or to discuss problems and projects of potential interest.
The mission of NU CHOT membership is to seek solutions to complex problems through collaborative research, to dissemindate results more broadly, to help train and prepare systems engineers for productive careers in healthcare, and to collaborate in external grant seeking activities.
I/U CRC Model
Current Industry Members
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System
- Grady Health System
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Meadows Regional Medical Center
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Northside Anesthesiology Consultants, LLC
- Partners HealthCare
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- St. Luke's Health System (Houston, TX)
- Studer Group, LLC
- Texas Children's Hospital
- Why CHOT?
- Center focus
- Core project areas
- Potential member benefits and commitments
- Example projects