The Summer Bridge Program offers incoming engineering students opportunities for building relationships, honing skills, and strengthening attitudes that will set students up for success. Participants interact with NU students, faculty, staff, alumni and co-op employers in a variety of activities, including:
- Faculty-led academic workshops
- Demonstrations and discussions of engineering applications and research opportunities
- A visit to a Boston-area engineering company
- Leadership Retreat including team building exercises with upperclass engineering students
- A barbeque with students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Scheduled recreation and relaxation time
Program venues include the NU campus, the Warren Conference Center in Ashland, Massachusetts, and a Boston-area co-op company. Engineering Academic Advising staff members, as well as graduate and upperclass engineering students, serve as overnight counselors.