We offer a wide selection of courses every semester using our Video Streaming technology. Classes are captured live in the classroom and then made available to remote students. This adds convenience for anyone working full-time while pursuing their degree. Our technology enables students to view the lectures 24/7, and can be viewed multiple times. Lecture notes can be downloaded, and communication with instructors is easy using Northeastern University's Blackboard system.
Benefits of online and hybrid studies
Pursuing some or all of your graduate studies online allows you to build your credentials and enhance your knowledge while minimizing the disruption on your professional and personal life.
Similarities to “onground” (campus-based) programs
- Variety of course offerings: online programs offer all required courses, as well as the most frequently chosen electives. This ensures you have access to the courses you need and want most.
- Extensive resources: all students have access to the university library’s online collections.
- Connection to faculty and students: led by instructors trained in online instruction, our virtual classes are designed to create a community of peers that learn, discuss, and support each other – both in class and beyond.
Differences from onground programming
- Innovative format: virtual classrooms allow for new ways to deliver knowledge while also helping you further hone your electronic communication skills – a must in today’s world.
- Increased flexibility: with online studies, you can study on your own schedule, accompanied by clear guidance from your instructor.
Students gain access to the Video Streamed lectures through their Blackboard account. When students log into Blackboard, their My Institution" page will indicate what courses they are enrolled in under the My Courses module (course number and title). The student clicks this link and enters their course area. On the menu on the left, click on "Streamed Lectures" to view the lectures.
Links to the videos are made available once the semester begins. The lectures are captured live and made available within 24 hours after the live session. Lectures for courses that have no on-ground component, will be posted on Monday of each week. In the event of a Monday holiday, the lectures will be posted on Tuesday of that week. Once a lecture is posted to Blackboard it is available for the duration of the semester unless otherwise specified by the instructor.
If you need help with either myNEU or Blackboard, contact the Northeastern University Help Desk at 617-373-4357, or online help.
Accessing the streamed lectures:
In order to view Video Streamed classes, you must be enrolled in a Video Streaming section (section V35) of a course and have a valid myNEU account. You will then be able to access the Blackboard system and your course.
Please review our information which will help you understand the Video Streaming process and contact us with any questions you may have.
Tuition is charged at the current Graduate Engineering semester hour rate. For specific details, please contact the Student Financial Services office.
Please note: All international students should consult the Office of Global Services (OGS) for specific details regarding taking video streamed courses as part of their full-time enrollment.