Position 1. Test Automation Programming
- Automate a software and hardware test system for a complex, PC application-driven networked audio system.
- Learn how current tests are executed and then create, debug and document test scripts for automating these existing test modules.
- Create new tests and test scripts for new functionality.
- Create closed-loop, fully-automated test/measurement scripts to test software-driven hardware functionality.
- Use feedback from hardware test system (e.g., Audio Precision, LabView, etc.) to verify results of test scripts.
- Perform other integration testing while monitoring audio quality, feature functionality
- High-level programming
- A basic understanding of acoustic measurements and the ability to discern by ear the basics of signal processing (for example, did the application of a filter change the audio quality) are nice-to-have.
Position 2: Business Software Development
The Software Developer co-op will work with our internal development and account management teams, responsible for assisting with the development and quality assurance of our application platform. In this role, you will work with the Director of Technology and will be tasked with requirements gathering, workflow analysis, data mapping and conversion, custom coding, and testing.
- Work with development staff to assist with the build and testing of the application platform
- Coding, quality assurance, testing, report writing
Desired Skills/Required Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled in a BA/S program majoring in computer science or related major
- Experience working with Microsoft programming languages: Microsoft.NET ASP.NET
- Experience with MS SharePoint Server, Windows Server 2008 and Virtual Server
- Self starting, work ethic, with enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills
Position 3. Embedded Software Development
The Co-op Software Engineer will actively participate in the development and maintenance of the source code for the XYZ System. The Co-op Engineer will work closely with the Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, and Customer Support teams to resolve challenging software defects in a timely manner. The co-op will use lab equipment to assist in the developing and debugging of software. Occasionally the Co-op engineer may be asked to perform a customer site visit to investigate and resolve a problem. The Co-op Engineer will be exposed to and learn skills in some or all of the following technologies: cable modems, cable modem termination systems, hybrid fiber coaxial networks, Ethernet, routers and switches, the DOCSIS protocol, the TCP/IP protocol suite, Voice over IP, C/C++, PowerPC assembly, ClearCase, ClearQuest, VxWorks and INTEGRITY, and Klocwork.
- Some experience in C/C++ or other high level programming language
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Position 4. Network Operations Co-op
As a Technical Associate co-op in our Professional Services group, you will work directly with our project teams to deliver solutions. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team to evaluate enterprise customers’ web architecture and assist in the delivery of the appropriate solution. This includes, but is not limited to, working with Solution Architects to evaluate the customers’ content management and publishing processes, web application architecture, security requirements, DNS configurations, and generate detailed documentation for a custom solution that satisfies the customers’ business and technical requirements. You will develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions, track and document status and time spent on customer integrations and participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
What are we looking for?
- MIS/CS students, either undergraduate or graduate
- Experience in web development - some coding experience a plus
- Knowledge in one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures
- Basic understanding of development methodologies, consulting best practices, and a general understanding of common web and application architectures.
- Must be outgoing, action oriented self starters - capable of independently solving technical problems
- Strong communication skills – must be able to speak clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
Position 5. Software Engineering Co-op, Real Time Systems
Job Title: Co-Op Student Flight Software Support
Provide engineering test, analysis, and documentation support to a team of software engineers developing real-time mission critical embedded software applications, leading up to the first flight of a state-of-the-art strategic guidance system.
- Execution of software and system level tests in various engineering environments, including complex software simulations, real-time hardware in-the-loop environments, and bench testing on hardware prototypes
- Data management and configuration control of all the test data generated from the various test activities
- Generation, and occasional presentation, of test reports including plots, tables, evaluation criteria, and conclusions from data collected and analyzed throughout the test process
- Execution of computer software unit tests, and documentation of test results. Support the development of automation capabilities that will provide a means to automatically run, analyze, and update documentation of project unit tests on a regular basis.
- Support the development of a data archival, retrieval, and extraction tool to provide quick and efficient access to key design parameters and outputs from test results. Cross correlation of data from various test environments and establishment of common performance criteria for different environments would be required.
- Engineering, physics, or computer science majors with excellent computer skills and strong analytical backgrounds
- Experience in C/C++, Matlab/Simulink, Python, and Unix skills are highly desirable
- Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Visio would be desirable
- US citizenship required
Position 6. Network Administration Co-op
Windows based platform experience and exposure to local area networks, server based operating systems and client/server applications and hardware is a must. Applicants should also have experience with and/or understanding of the majority of the items listed below:
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server/ Active Directory
- Windows Terminal Services/ Remote Desktop Setup and Configuration
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Symantec Antivirus Enterprise
- HP Jet Direct Printing Setup/Configuration
- Router/Firewall Setup and Configuration (Linksys, Netscreen, Sonic Wall, etc.)
- In depth understanding of IP based networks (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- DNS Record Editing and Configuration (A records, MX records, etc.)
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot proprietary application, installation, configuration, issues on multiple platforms
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Novell Netware/Groupwise experience is a plus, but not required
- VPN Setup and Configuration (Gateway to Gateway, PPTP)
Position 7. Software Quality Assurance and Testing
Looking for a motivated self-starter who likes working independently yet as part of a team environment. The right candidate enjoys being part of a fast paced Development and Quality Assurance (QA) environment. This position reports to a QA Manager but will get project direction from the QA Lead in the assigned area.
- Creates manual test plans, executes tests, and analyzes test results
- Validates customer reported bugs are fixed and regression tests affected areas
- Demonstrates competence using analysis methodologies.
- Reliably estimates length of assigned tasks
- Acts as information resource about assigned areas to documentation staff and other QA Engineers
- Reviews requirements, functional and technical specs, end-user materials, and QA test plans as relevant to areas of specialization
- Records time against tasks, maintains required project documents, status reports, and communicates with management as required
- Completes assigned work within designated times and communicates potential problems to management in a timely manner
- Enters bugs, verifies fixes and performs regression tests
- Assists QA Management with communicating and achieving the company's goals for product quality
Job Skills and Critical Success Factors:
- Familiarity in the Windows operating system
- Experience with Visual Basic or other scripting languages a plus
- Familiarity with object oriented programming, Java programming a plus.
- Ability to develop manual test plans
- Ability to learn manufacturing and industrial automation control applications
Position 8. Signal Processing Co-op
The Signal Processing group performs leading-edge research and development in signal processing in such diverse areas as military sensor processing and exploitation, wireless communications, communication security, and navigation systems (GPS). Our co-ops help us in algorithm implementation, data gathering, testing, and so forth.
The job consists of programming in C (real-time for embedded systems) and in VHDL. Testing must also be done on the hardware level using bus analyzers. Data generation is handled by hardware devices, actual tests and through Matlab simulations.
Position 9. Optical Device Testing
The advanced imaging technology group develops advanced silicon-based focal-plane technologies for both DoD and scientific applications, such as astronomy, remote sensing, and adaptive optics. Focal planes may address special requirements (for example, multiple or very high-speed image samples), time-of-arrival imaging (LADAR receiver), or high quantum-efficiency or very low noise applications. Examples of research activities include design, fabrication, and testing of world-class CCD imaging devices used in a variety of high-end scientific applications (for example, the focal planes for the Chandra X-ray telescope and various major telescopes), demonstration of silicon-based photon-counting detector arrays, and development of unique active-pixel sensors.
The Co-op student will work on the computer-aided design (CAD) layout of integrated circuits, software development for DC electrical testing of imaging sensors, and dynamic electrical characterization of these devices. The layout work will be done using Mentor-based tools. The software development and DC electrical characterization will be done on a Keithley 350 test system and custom dynamic electrical test systems. The dynamic testing will require use of oscilloscopes, electrometers, voltmeters, waveform recorders and other test equipment.
The Microelectronics Group is involved with the research, development and testing of solid state imaging sensors for a variety of applications. Some of these include ground-based and spaced-based surveillance imagers, x-ray spectroscopy, 3D imaging, and adaptive optics.
Position 10. Quality Systems Specialist
The Quality Systems Specialist primarily serves as an internal auditor under the procedures outlined in the Quality Management System. Additionally, this person will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and displaying the performance measures and metrics called for by that system.
Internal Auditing, 90%
Under the direction of the Director of Quality Management and Compliance, conduct audits of internal systems, tools, and functions for compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and external Regulations. Such audits include but not limited to:
- Clinical Trial development, implementation, and archive
- Core software products
- Internal systems
- Internal software tools
- External providers
Following the execution of the audit, the Quality Systems Specialist will:
- Track and report quality concerns and problems to the Director of Quality Compliance
- Participate in audit follow up, and Corrective Action procedures
- Act as a resource to staff and management
Quality Metrics, 10%
- Develop and define specific metrics
- Deploy appropriate systems for displaying and distributing metrics