ALERT researchers Carey Rappaport, Jose Martinez-Lorenzo, & Octavia Camps are developing cutting-edge technology that can detect suspicious behavior at airports.
You are here
- PhD, University of Washington, 1992.
- Y. Cheng, J.A. Lopez, O. Camps, M. Sznaier, A Convex Optimization Approach to Robust Fundamental Matrix Estimation, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2015, 2170-2178
- S. Markovic, L. Siyuan, M. Sznaier, O. Camps, M. Niedre, Computer Vision in Vivo Flow Cytometry of Low-abundance Circulating Cells, Bio-Optics: Design and Application Conference, 2015
- C. Dicle, O. Camps, M. Sznaier, The Way They Move: Tracking Multiple Targets with Similar Appearance, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Sydney, Australia, 2013
- M. Ayazoglu, B. Yilmaz, M. Sznaier, O. Camps, Finding Causal Interactions in Video Sequences, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Sydney, Australia, 2013
- F. Xiong, Y. Cheng, O. Camps, M. Sznaier, C. Lagoa, Hankel Based Maximum Margin Classifiers: A Connection Between Machine Learning and Wiener Systems Identification, 2013 IEEE 52nd Annual Conference on Decision and Control, 2013, 6005-6010
Octavia I. Camps received the B.S. degree in computer science and the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from the Universidad de la Republica (Montevideo, Uruguay), and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Washington.She is a Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern University. From 1991 to 2006 she was a faculty member at the departments of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University. In 2000, she was a visiting faculty at the California Institute of Technology and at the University of Southern California. Her current research interests include robust computer vision, image processing, and machine learning.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
The grand opening ceremony for the new Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex took place on April 3, 2017.
ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...