First-Year Teaching Professor Bala Maheswaran gave a presentation on “Engineering Education via Innovation and Invention” at the Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER).
You are here
- Current research: Engineering and Engineering Physics education.
- Past research: High temperature Superconductors and two-dimensional electron gas.
- Distinguished Educator and Service Award, The Engineering Physics and Physics Division, ASEE 2013
- Outstanding Teacher of First Year Engineering Students, College of Engineering, Northeastern University 2013
- Nominee for Northeastern University 2013 “Excellence in Teaching Award”
- Northeastern University, “15 Year Service Award”, 2012
- Recognition for commitment as teacher to College of Engineering, by the Black Engineering Student Society, the Society of Women in Engineering, and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineering 2011
- Nominee for Northeastern University 2011 “Excellence in Teaching Award”
- Outstanding Teacher of First Year Engineering Students, College of Engineering, Northeastern University 2001
- Invention Incentive Award, Northeastern University
- Advance Research Award, Barnett Institute, Northeastern University
- US Patent # 5677265
Bala Maheswaran received his M.S. and Ph.D. in experimental solid state Physics, and MSEE in Electrical Engineering from Northeastern University. He worked as a research associate and lecturer in the department physics, Northeastern University, and then joined the college of engineering. He is currently a senior faculty for the First-Year Engineering Program. He has contributed and authored a total of forty six publications consisting of original research and education related papers, and conference proceedings. He has over twenty years of experience in teaching at Northeastern University. He is the Program Chair/Chair-Elect of Engineering Physics and Physics Division, ASEE and the co-chair of TASME Conference (Technological Advances in Science, Medicine and Engineering).
PhD. Northeastern University
Research & Scholarship Interests
Honors & Awards
First-Year Teaching Professor Bala Maheswaran received a Certificate of Recognition for the Panel Discussion at the ASEE2017 on the “Energy Innovation and Environmental Impact”. On June...
Freshmen Engineering students Matthew Bonanni, Peter Groen, Brian Liang, Owen Porth, and Spencer Pozder were awarded First place in the Undergraduate Student Paper Competition at the ASEE-NE2016...