MIE/ECE Assistant Professor Jose Martinez-Lorenzo, ECE Professor Tommaso Melodia, ECE Professor Kaushik Chowdhury, ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh, and CCIS/ECE Affiliated Faculty Chris Amato were awarded a $1.5M Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) grant for "Robust Decentralized Classification and Coordination Algorithms for Swarms of SUAS."
You are here
- Compressive sensing and modeling using mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- Computational methods for differential and integral equations
- Physics-based signal processing, imaging and optimization
- Radar system specification and design, including antenna optimization
- Subsurface scattering analysis in biomedical and geophysical applications
- Explosives detection: portal-based, standoff-based, and underground-based
- Multimodal breast cancer detection: x-ray and thermoacoustic-tomography
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) using mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- Micro-sized microwave atmospheric sounding satellites
- PhD (2005), Electrical Engineering, University of Vigo (Spain)
- "Best Paper Award" on the 2012 IEEE Homeland Security Technology Conference, Waltham, MA, for the paper: "A Compressed Sensing Approach for Detection of Explosive Threats at Standoff Distances using a Passive Array of Scatters."
- First prize on the 2012 National Security Innovation Competition (NSIC). Advisor for students that presented our research project: "Next Generation Millimeter-Wave Body Imaging for Concealed Threat Detection," University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS).
- Paper featured in the cover page: J. G. Meana, J. A. Martinez-Lorenzo, et al, "DIRECT: deterministic radio-electric coverage tool," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 53(2):135–145, April 2011.
- Paper featured in the cover page: J. A. Martinez-Lorenzo, et al. "ICARA: Induced Current Analysis of Reflector Antennas." IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 47(2):92–100, March 2005.
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers
- Statistics and Probability
- Electromagnetic and Acoustic Fields and Waves
- Antennas and Radiation
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers International (ASME)
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S)
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMB-S)
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRS-S)
- IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society (AES-S)
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S)
- A.Molaei, A. Bisulco, L. Tirado, A. Zhu, D. Cachay, A.G. Dagheyan, and J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, 3D Printed E-Band Compressive Horn Antenna for Highsensing-capacity Imaging Applications, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 2018, 1
- J.L. Crespo-Vázquez, C.J.C. Gonzalez, E. Diaz-Dorado, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, M. Noor-E-Alam, Evaluation of a Data Driven Stochastic Approach to Optimize the Participation of a Wind and Storage Power Plant in Day-Ahead and Reserve Markets, Energy 156(8), 2018, 278–291
- A.G. Dagheyan, C. Liu, A. Molaei, J.H. Juesas, J. A. Martinez-Lorenzo, Holey-Cavity-Based Compressive Sensing for Ultrasound Imaging, Sensors, 18(6), 2018, 1674
- J.H. Juesas, J.E. Thatcher, Y. Lu, J.J. Squiers, D. King, W. Fan, J.M. DiMaio, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, Burn-Injured Tissue Detection for Debridement Surgery through Non-Invasive Optical Imaging Techniques, Biomed Opt Express, 9(4), 2018, 1809–1826
- Y. Rodriguez-Vaqueiro, P. Paayam, R. Sipahi, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, Development of a Combined Time Frequency Technique for Accurate Extraction of pNN50 Metric from Noisy Heart Rate Measurements, International Journal of Intelligent Robotics and Applications, 2, 2018, 193–208
- A. Molaei, J.H.Juesas, W. Blackwell, J.A. Martinez-Lorenzo, Interferometric Sounding Using a Metamaterial-based Compressive Reflector Antenna, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 66(5), 2018, 2188–2198
Research Interests include:
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Transportation Security Administration Administrator David Pekoske toured the Center for Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT) on Friday to see if the technology...
MIE/ECE Assistant Professor Jose Martinez-Lorenzo was awarded a $546K Department of Energy grant for "Fusing Thermoacoustic, Electromagnetic and Acoustic/Seismic Wave Fields for Subsurface Characterization and Imaging of Flow Transport".
406 Egan Center
424 Snell Engineering Center
335 The Fenway