If you are interested in registering for a course that is offered by D'Amore-McKim School of Business (DMSB) or the College of Computer and Information Science (CCIS), please follow the instructions below.
Part 1: Degree Requirements
- If the course is not listed in your program curriculum, you must complete and submit a Petition form to the Graduate School of Engineering to request that the course count towards your degree requirements.
- If the course is listed within your program curriculum or if your Petition is approved, you may register yourself for the course. If you have trouble registering yourself for the course, please see Part 2.
Part 2: Eligibility and RegistrationFor College of Computer and Information Science courses, check the subject code to determine your next steps
- CS (Computer Science) courses
- Students interested in taking CS courses should request enrollment via their online form
- IA (Information Assurance) courses
- Students interested in taking IA courses should request enrollment by contacting the instructor directly
- DA (Data Analytics) courses
- Students interested in taking DA courses may register directly through the MyNortheastern portal
- On Ground Courses
- Please note that for on ground sections of DMSB courses, graduate engineering students are only eligible for Part Time MBA courses (evening or Saturday time slots)
- Classes that are part of MS in Innovation, MS in Business Analytics or any graduate Accounting programs are closed cohort courses that do not accept students from other programs
- Students who are not enrolled in a DMSB certificate program are eligible to register 2 weeks after registration has opened
- Non DMSB Certificate Students – 2 week waiting period
- 2 weeks after registration has opened, graduate engineering students who are not enrolled in a DMSB certificate program but wish to register for a DMSB course may register themselves
- If a student has an issue after the 2 week waiting period, please contact the DMSB directly at email@example.com - please allow 7-10 business days for a response
- DMSB Certificate Students
- Graduate engineering students who are enrolled in a DMSB certificate program may register themselves. If there is a restriction on a course or the student has a question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - please allow 7-10 business days for a response
- Online Courses
- Please note that for online sections DMSB courses, students must first contact their Student Services Advisor in the Graduate School of Engineering for approval
- With Student Services Advisor approval, engineering graduate students may take courses within the DMSB Online MBA program (course level prerequisites may be applicable depending upon requested course); to request enrollment, engineering graduate students should contact Matt Foster at email@example.com.