Students completing their degree with a Dissertation or an MS Thesis must adhere to the deadlines below for final MS Thesis/Dissertation submission to the Graduate School of Engineering for the intended date of degree conferral. Northeastern University requires that students publish their Dissertation or Thesis with Proquest Dissertation Publishing. Whereas students previously completed this task by submitting a hard copy of the Dissertation or Thesis to Snell Library, you must now self-publish using the Northeastern University Proquest/ETD Administrator Site.
Please click the link for the Guidelines below.
- COE Guide to the Preparation and Submission of Theses and Dissertations
- COE Style Guide for Theses and Dissertations
- Publishing Guidelines
- December 15, 2018 Degree Conferral
- December 10th, 2018, 5pm: Final MS Thesis/PhD Dissertation and signed Approval Record due in the Graduate School
Students submitting after this date will be required to register for Thesis/Dissertation Continuation in the Spring 2019 term. Tuition is billed at 1 semester hour for this course.
- December 15th, 2018: MS Thesis and PhD Dissertation electronic upload to the ProQuest system
The document should not be uploaded until the student has been notified of final approval by the Associate Dean for Graduate Education in the Graduate School of Engineering.
- December 15th, 2018: PhD graduates to complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates
Instructions to complete the survey will be emailed to the student when the Dissertation has been approved by the Associate Dean for Graduate Education in the Graduate School of Engineering.