Position 1. Logistics Engineer
This logistics consulting has a heavy concentration in transportation. This consulting firm focuses on three areas: 1) Freight negotiations; 2) Logistics modeling; and 3) Transportation Management. A mathematical process is applied to all work accomplished by the company. In other words, the company applies a logical analysis to all problem solving.
In the position you will learn a great deal about logistics, negotiating and modeling. You will be challenged to work to your capabilities and be exposed to many different facets of logistics and business types.
The successful candidate will have a curious mind, enjoy solving problems, a keen sense for detail and an intensity towards accuracy. This candidate must be able to work independently. As an Associate Consultant, this person will be required to answer the phone, talk with clients and conduct some sales calls. Some travel is required. If you are: accurate, detailed, contentious, eager to learn and ambitious, you will excel at this job.
- Well versed in Microsoft EXCEL and ACCESS and can learn software easily.
- Knowledge of transportation and other logistics disciplines is a benefit.
- Undergraduate degree, engineering major is preferable but, not required.
- Prior work experience is a plus.
Position 2. Healthcare Engineering
You will be reporting to the Director, Business Transformation. This position is responsible for facilitating the business transformation activities (including Lean implementation) at the Medical Center. Incumbent must be efficient, detail oriented, self-motivated and organized. Must be able to problem solve and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision. The candidate must have outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as the ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Will work closely with the Director as well as the BT Management Engineers in the following areas:
- Project Management: Manages several complex projects simultaneously; focuses on critical success factors (project milestones and deliverables) and develops contingency plans. Responsibilities include resource management, project timeline development and management, financial management, and management of project staff.
- Project Teams: Coordinates the execution of all major data, functional, and technical decisions relative to Lean improvement work within the appropriate implementation team. Assists central resource groups (planning, testing, education) in coordinating activities within and across departments.
- Project Scope: Manages project timeline development and maintenance for each Lean team. Assists Lean teams in developing and tracking action plans.
- Impact of Projects: Assists in the performance of Functional and Financial impact assessment of the Lean initiative through the financial and department staff assigned to the project.
- Performance Reporting: Develop metrics for Lean initiatives and updates monthly. Uses project management tools and techniques to ensure timely and regular reporting of project status to Executives, Project Teams and other customers. This reporting would include project progress as well as issue reporting. Prepare twice monthly program analyses from data submitted. Prepare and update graphs and PowerPoint presentations to summarize Program work.
- High Quality Product: Ensure that delivered Lean training and facilitation meet user needs as well as meets the highest standards of quality.
- Program Executive Communication: Continually informs the BT Staff of events that may impact the projects including reasons, rationale and possible solutions.
- Project Team Communication: Presents regular project team meetings which provide effective communication to team staff. This would include a weekly review of action plans and timely tracking/reporting of all projects. Support activities of project teams, including maintaining accurate documentation of team minutes, agenda and correspondence. Update Program tracking list weekly and prompt accountable individuals to insure timely task completion.
Measures of Success:
- High level of sponsor satisfaction as measured by satisfaction measurement process.
- Timely completion and maintenance of project scope, timeline and action plan documents.
- High level of satisfaction of staff working within the various projects.
- On time delivery of product within budget, consistent with quality and sponsor satisfaction and within the constraints of scope control.
Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Industrial engineering degree in process.
- Some experience in project management, training or implementation.
- Working knowledge of operations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Microsoft Access desirable.
- Management experience desirable.
- Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Desire to operate across multiple departments and at all organizational levels.
- Working knowledge of operations.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement concepts, tools, and outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and self-direction necessary to work within a matrix management model.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Extensive information management and presentation skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, statistical, database, project management and business graphics.
- Self-motivated with organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with minimum supervision and meet timely deadlines.
- Established problem solving skills.
- Proven ability in team building, motivating staff/team members/colleagues and interpersonal communication required.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the medical center's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
Blood Borne Pathogen Category: No potential Exposure. Job requires performance of duties that involve no potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are not an expectation of employment.
Position 3. Operations Specialist
This position will support the Operations Core Delivery and Solutions organization and products. Products include those currently in production, in design and transitioning to production. The position may be responsible for a variety of projects and initiatives levering continuous improvement strategies such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Additionally, the position will be required to work independently reviewing business systems and implementing new techniques into production areas. This position will afford the candidate a broad-based exposure to various business areas including Quality, Finance, Integrated Supply Chain and Production & Design Engineering.
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in one of the following degree programs:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Operations Management
- Quality/Reliability Engineering
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related curriculum
- GPA of 3.0 or better strongly desired
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent computer skills (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and windows based software)
- Strong influencing skills without direct authority
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
Position 4. Continuous Improvement Assistant
In this position, your responsibility will be to assist the review, coordination of all lean manufacturing, six sigma training tasks and continuous improvement implementation with the engineering group and CI coordinator. Also assist in the preparation of all necessary operational studies/analysis for engineering and quality projects. Develop and maintain visual project management tools with timelines for cost tracking, performance review in relationship to previously determined budgets as well as recommend and implement process improvement procedures.
Essential Duties: (under limited supervision)
- Perform operational studies and engineering analysis (Time Study, OEE, Capacity, Cost, etc)
- Assist Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma training and Continuous improvementimplementation (5S, Visual Control System, Kanban, Setup Reduction, etc.)
- Develop, maintain and/or improve visual project management tools
- Any other duties, as assigned.
We offer a dynamic atmosphere where you'll gain experience in a variety of disciplines through total production involvement.
- 2 years toward a bachelor's degree in an industrial or manufacturing discipline
- Excellent verbal/written communication and math skills
- Ability to handle multitask in a fast paced environment
- Competence with Microsoft Office Products and AutoCAD plus!
- Work well within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Must have a high energy level and a "can do" attitude
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes preferred
Position 5. Energy Services Coop
The Coop will assist in the data gathering, analysis and process enhancement activities associated with Monitoring Based Commissioning (MBCx) projects. This position is perfect for a highly-motivated student who is passionate about energy conservation and would like to gain experience in a start-up environment.
Assist in the analysis and development of the Energy Efficiency Analytics Service. Work will include, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Building Management System (BMS) data point mapping (and assist in developing and refining mapping tools and process)
- BMS data interpretation and analysis
- Develop rules based algorithms and applications for data analysis
- Energy baseline development and regression analysis
- Energy savings and carbon impact calculations
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software tools, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business intelligence tools
- Familiarity with HVAC and Building Management Systems (BMS) a plus
Position 6. Supply Chain
The qualified candidate for this hands-on position will be working under the direction of the Supply Chain and Operations Services management to assist in new process development and process optimization activities which affect US supply chain operations.
Major responsibilities may include any/all of the following:
- Assist Supply Chain / Operations Services teams with process improvement activities and new process / product introductions.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard operating procedures.
- Process mapping and flowcharting existing and proposed processes for Order Management, support processes, and master data management.
- Assist staff with various Black Belt / Process Excellence initiatives through the application of statistical tools.
- Play a project support role on a major IT investment initiative in the Supply Chain area.
- Assist Associates, Supervisors, Planners with various activities or projects
- Preparation and presentation of project status reports for management
- 2nd year engineering student at minimum
- Familiar with Minitab and Microsoft Products in particular Excel/Word/Powerpoint
- Familiarity with statistical methods a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills as well as oral communication
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail
- Work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience or possess the desire to gain experience in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn "hands-on" about various business and supply chain processes and to work in an office or distribution center environment.
Position 7. Aerospace
Assistant Process Engineer Assist process Engineers to establish and improve component repair processes. Create and update work instructions as required. Interface with shop personnel to work through and solve various engineering issues. Participate with restructuring activities to build repair flow lines Participate in Root Cause and Corrective Action teams. Specific skills to be gained from this assignment: Knowledge of various repair processes and creating work instructions more specific to surface treatments (plasma spray, HVOF, shot peening, surface coatings, etc.) Knowledge of reprocessing parts to flow lines Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Knowledge of Autocad/Unigraphics/or other CAD systems Knowledge of how to perform effective Root Cause and Corrective/Preventive Actions Exposure to robot programming.