We offer cutting-edge expertise in a variety of courses that combine technological advances and business practices. We stress creative and inventive approaches to problem solving, which necessitates empowering students so that they can take charge of their own software projects to become originally productive. Our information systems program is as much an art as a science. It bypasses mechanical learning and highlights the value and excitement of engineering thinking that gets things done efficiently as well as imaginatively. We balance theory and practice, on the premise that they are always intertwined and interdependent.
We seek to provide a basic foundation for our students and then seek to push them to new heights, to advance their information technology skills in a way that keeps up and, better yet, exceeds the necessarily fast pace of this progressive field. It is not for us just a question of not being left behind; we strive to be at the forefront of software innovation in an effort to transform contemporary society even more radically than technology has already done, to take gigantic strides in business, medicine, education, and security. In addition to the general requirements, the program offers multiple tracks (20 SH):
- Track 1: Business Process Engineering
- Track 2: Software Project Planning and Management
- Track 3: Web Engineering and Development
- Track 3: Information Systems Auditing and Compliance
- Track 4: Data Architecture and Engineering
- Track 5: Application-Level Security Analysis and Engineering
- Track 6: Enterprise Architecture and Governance
- Track 7: Engineering Clinical Information Systems
The M.S. programs' student learning outcome is
- A graduate-level understanding of basic disciplinary concepts.