Once you are logged in
To add a News or Event Item
- Click on the Shortcuts link in the black bar at the top of the page.
- Click on “Add Content”
- Select Event or News
- Fill in the event or news information in the appropriate boxes making sure to tag any departments, categories, etc at the bottom of the page so that they can be displayed on those pages.
- Event (e.g., seminars, PhD defenses, student group meetings, conferences - anything with a fixed start/stop time)
- News (e.g., grants awarded, patents granted, student awards, faculty awards)
- Note: While an image can be added to your Event/News item, any text should be added in the description area for readability and accessibility reasons.
- Click on “Save” at bottom of page and your content will be submitted for review and posting.
- Please note that the COE Gazette is created using the news and events posted to the COE website. Events are featured in the COE Gazette in the Monday edition of the week in which they are happening and in the Tuesday-Friday editions the day before and day of the event. Also note that only the Monday edition goes to undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and staff while the Tuesday-Friday editions only go to faculty and staff.
To edit your Public Profile
- Click on your email address in the black bar at the top of the page.
- Click on “View Profile”
- Click on “Edit”
- Make any desired edits and click on “Save” at bottom of page.
Download a PDF of these instructions with added screenshots here.
Some people have trouble editing information when using Internet Explorer, try using Firefox or Chrome. If you do have trouble logging in, please email Christina McNeil and make sure to note what type of error you are receiving.