The mission of NU ASCE is to help their constituents develop interpersonal relationships and professionalism through various extracurricular activities and community service projects within the field of civil engineering. Each week they hold a lecture presented by a variety of professionals in Civil Engineers. They partake in the Concrete Canoe and Steel Bridge competitions. NU ASCE has helped with 30 years of community service projects.
Founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) represents more than 145,000 members of the civil engineering profession worldwide and is America's oldest national engineering society.
- Outstanding ASCE Chapter in the nation - 9 times
- Steel Bridge Competition
- Featured in InSolution
- 2008 NE Regional 1st place Winner
- Concrete Canoe Competition
- 3rd place overall at 2014 Regional Competition
- 5th place overall in the 2013 Regional Competition
- 6th place in 2011 Regional Competition
Student Organization Advisor
The team will begin research, brainstorm design ideas, and conduct material testing.