MIE Professors Ashkan Vaziri and Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi won the Theoretical & Applied Mechanics Letters (TAML) 2018 Excellent Paper Award for their paper "Elastic properties of chiral, anti-chiral, and hierarchical honeycombs: A simple energy-based approach".
You are here
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 1982, MIT
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1979, MIT
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1975, Tehran University, Iran
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- A. Orsi, S. Chakravarthy, P. Canavan, E, Pena, R. Goebel, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, The Effect of Knee Joint Kinematics on the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury and Articular Cartilage Damage, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 19(5), 2015, 493-506
- R. Oftadeh, V. Entezari, G. Sporri J. C. Villa-Camacho, H. Krigbaum, E. Strwich, L. Graham, C. Rey, H. Chiu, R. Muller, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A.Vaziri, A. Nazarian, Hierarchical Analysis and Multi-Scale Modelling of Rat Cortical and Trabecular Bone, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2015
- M. Ashrafi, C.J. Woodsum, J. Papadopoulos, A.S. Hamouda, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, In Situ Strengthening of Thin-Wall Structures Using Pressurized Foam, Construction and Building Materials, 100, 2015, 298-304
- J. Papadopoulos, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, et al., Buckling of Regular, Chiral and Hierarchical Honeycombs Under a General Macroscopic Stress State, Proceedings of The Royal Society A, 470(2167), 2014, 1-23
- S. Banijamali, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, et al., Effects of Different Loading Patterns on the Trabecular Bone Morphology of the Proximal Femur Using Adaptive Bone Remodeling, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, ASME, 137(1), 2014, 1-10
- A. Ajdari, A.Hamouda, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, et al., Impact Resistance and Energy Absorption of Regular and Functionally Graded Hexagonal Honeycombs with Cell Wall Material Strain Hardening, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 89, 2014, 413-422
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
MIE Professor Hamid Nayab-Hashemi and Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri were published in Scientific Reports for their article on " Curved Beam Computed Tomography based Structural Rigidity...
Two of MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research papers were among the most cited articles of the International Journal of Solids and Structures Articles.