MIE Professors Ashkan Vaziri and Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi won the Theoretical & Applied Mechanics Letters (TAML) 2018 Excellent Paper Award for their paper "Elastic properties of chiral, anti-chiral, and hierarchical honeycombs: A simple energy-based approach".
You are here
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 1982, MIT
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1979, MIT
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1975, Tehran University, Iran
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- A.D. Orsi, P.K. Canavan, A.Vaziri, R.Goebel, O.A. Kapasi, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, The Effects of Graft Size and Insertion Site Location During Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction on Intercondylar Notch Impingement, The Knee, 24, 2017, 525-535
- Y. Zheng, H. Bahloo, D. Mousanezhad, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, Displacement and Stress Fields in a Functionally Graded Fiber-Reinforced Rotating Disk with Nonuniform Thickness and Variable Angular Velocity, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, Transaction of the ASME, 2017, 139, 1-10
- G. Liu, R. Ghosh, A. Vaziri, A. Hossieni, H. Bahloo, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, Biomimetic Composite Inspired by Venous Leaf, Journal Of Composite Materials, 2017, 1-12
- G. Liu, R. Ghosh, ,D. Mousanezhad, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, Thermal Conductivity of Biomimetic Leaf Composite, Journal Of Composite Materials, 2017, 1-10
- H. Abdi, J. Papadopoulos, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, Enhanced Elastic-Foundation Analysis of Balanced Single Lap Adhesive Joints, International Journal of Adhesion& Adhesive, 2, 2017, 80-91
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
MIE Professor Hamid Nayab-Hashemi and Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri were published in Scientific Reports for their article on " Curved Beam Computed Tomography based Structural Rigidity...
Two of MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research papers were among the most cited articles of the International Journal of Solids and Structures Articles.